Nespresso is undoubtedly the benchmark brand for coffee pod machines, synonymous with elegance, style, and quality. The presence of George Clooney, impeccable in his suit, charmingly asking us, ‘What else?’ reminds us of it daily on television.
However, among all Nespresso coffee machines, there are noticeable differences. If this were not the case, why does an Inissia cost barely $149 in the official store while a Creatista Pro costs $594.30? To differentiate one, we must consider aspects such as milk frothing capability, price, design, or convenience.
Nespresso, a surprise for latte and cappuccino lovers
Nespresso has the solution if you’re a fan of lattes and cappuccinos; with models like Creatista Pro, Gran Lattissima, and Citiz&Milk, preparing these delicious drinks becomes straightforward. Let’s explore their features to help you choose the one that suits you best.
Top1. Nespresso Creatista Pro – The undisputed queen!
If you’re not concerned about the price and love milk-based coffees who want to froth in the traditional espresso style, then Nespresso Creatista Pro is the ideal choice. You can find it on Amazon for $594.30 and on the official store for the same cost. *These prices may vary on specific dates. They were updated on 11/25/2023.
Its higher price is justified by four key features that make it stand out:
- Mainly stainless steel construction for an impeccable look and traditional style.
- Steam wand that allows you to prepare milk coffee drinks like a true professional barista.
- Integrated digital display that makes the preparation of custom coffees easy and the ability to save your settings in memory.
- Additional functionality for alerts regarding issues and maintenance statuses.
Promotional video of Nespresso Creatista Pro
Top 2. Nespresso Gran Lattissima – simplicity in a coffee maker!
Nespresso Gran Lattissima (available on Amazon for $264.99 and in the official store for $454.30) is a simpler option than the Creatista Pro but has the same preparation quality. *These prices may vary on specific dates. They were updated on 11/25/2023.
The three features that make the Gran Lattissima the ideal coffee maker for milk coffees are:
- Preparation of 9 coffee recipes with a single touch.
- The fully automated milk container eliminates the need for a steam wand.
- Automatic rinsing after each preparation.
Promotional video of Nespresso Gran Lattissima
Top 3. Nespresso Citiz&Milk – quality, flavor, and economy in one!
The Nespresso Citiz&Milk, available on Amazon for $329 and the same cost in the Nespresso official store, could be described as a classic coffee maker incorporating an Aeroccino milk frother on the side. *These prices may vary on specific dates. They were updated on 11/25/2023.
With the Nespresso Citiz&Milk, you’ll have two fundamental qualities:
- Ease of frothing milk: nothing simpler, more effective, and more comfortable than the Aeroccino.
- Low cost for a coffee maker that brews coffee as rich as its bigger siblings.
Promotional video of Nespresso Citiz&Milk
💲 The simplest and most affordable Nespresso coffee maker
It’s important to note that all Nespresso coffee makers use the same coffee, although they sometimes differ in the coffee pods, as we will see later (Vertuo Line). This means that even the simplest Nespresso coffee maker will brew an espresso of the same quality as the most advanced ones.
We’ve already seen the best Nespresso options for preparing milk-based beverages. However, if you love pure and hot espresso, you won’t need to froth milk. If you need hot milk one day, heat it in the microwave 🤣.
Nespresso Inissia or Pixie?
Today, 11/25/2023, Nespresso has two of the most compact and simple coffee makers available in their official store:
Both coffee makers offer the same features but have different designs. You may come across claims on other websites regarding differences in terms of dimensions, tank capacity, or electrical power; however, I assure you that none of these features truly impact their performance.
If you choose one or the other, let it be primarily based on aesthetics or price.
Why are the dimensions and weight of Nespresso coffee makers not a relevant factor?
Knowing certain data is essential for classic espresso machines or super-automatic ones. Some models, like the Delonghi La Specialista, weigh over 13 kilograms, and the Philips 5400 Lattego has dimensions that exceed 40 centimeters in height and more than 35 in depth. These dimensions may hinder their placement in a standard kitchen.
However, in the case of Nespresso coffee makers, the differences are much less significant:
- The heaviest Nespresso coffee maker only differs from the lightest by less than 3 kg (Creatista vs. Essenza Mini). The former weighs 5.4 kg, while the latter weighs 2.3 kg, which poses no problem for its placement in the kitchen or mobility during cleaning.
- The same applies to the size of the water tank. With the 0.6 liters of the Essenza Mini, you can prepare up to 15 espressos. So, do you need the 1.5 liters of the Creatista?
- As for electrical power, those who consider this data haven’t calculated the actual power consumption of a coffee pod, as it amounts to barely 3$ per year. A 100W increase or decrease in annual consumption represents less than the cost of a single coffee pod.
Nespresso Original vs. Vertuo – which coffee maker is better?
I know what you were thinking. Did you believe I had forgotten about the VertuoLine models? These coffee makers are a world apart because they use a different coffee pod system. Although the coffee inside the pod is the same, the technology is entirely different.
As there’s a lot to discuss to differentiate the two types of coffee makers, I’ve created a separate article where I explain all the differences between Nespresso OriginalLine and VertuoLine coffee makers in detail, so you should continue reading there.
Among Vertuo coffee makers, there are hardly any differences between them; the most notable is the ability to brew 530ml coffees with the Vertuo Next model. We’re talking about making over half a liter of coffee with a coffee pod machine, something never seen before.
Which Nespresso coffee maker is the best?
Considering everything we’ve discussed, including the article on the differences between Nespresso OriginalLine and VertuoLine, the best coffee maker is the Creatista Pro. However, its price is quite high for a coffee pod machine.
If I had to choose a coffee maker with a good price-quality ratio for different coffee preparations, I would say the Citiz&Milk or the Vertuo Next + an Aeroccino. This way, you could enjoy the full flavor of espressos and prepare delicious cappuccinos or lattes.
But I again emphasize that the best Nespresso coffee maker differs for each person. Another model may be more suitable for your needs.